Night # 118 Just Don't Scream

This next chilling tale is about what happens to a group of friends when they decide to stay in a cabin over the holiday weekend.

My friends and I decided to stay in a cabin in the mountains over the holiday. We packed all of our winter gear to make sure we would stay warm. When we arrived at the cabin night had just fallen. Luckily, whoever had stayed at the cabin recently had left us some wood in the cabin next to the fireplace. We put all of our gear in our rooms and built a fire.

That night we sat around the fire with some cups of cocoa and unwrapped presents that we had gotten for each other. As I sat there watching one of my friends open her present I caught sight of a shadow outside the window. I knew my friends would not believe me so I just kept it to myself. Within a few minutes, I noticed a strange chill to the air and the fire seemed to be trying to go out. My friends seemed to notice it as well because I noticed they were shivering.

I felt my phone vibrate beneath my knee where I had placed it. I thought it was going to be a text from my mom making sure we were all okay but the message was definitely not one she would have sent. "Just don't scream." I assumed that they had just sent a message to the wrong person and ignored it. I looked at the front door without even knowing why. Something inside of me was telling me the exact same message.

The next thing I know everyone in the room is screaming. I turned my head away from the door and as soon as I did it slammed against the wall causing everyone including myself to scream. I shuddered as I thought about the message. My phone vibrated once again and this time the girls insisted on knowing what it said because they could tell I was nervous about something.

"I am warning you. Just Don't Scream." Before anyone in the room could really respond the fire went completely out and it started to get cold in the cabin rather quickly. Not a single one of us wanted to freeze so we had to figure out a way to get the fire started again. We agreed to go outside together to gather some small starter pieces to see if that would help. We stepped out the door with a flashlight and noticed something next to the door that gave us a chill. 

Next to the door was a neat stack of kindling to get the fire going. We quickly got back inside and locked the door behind us. We got the fire going and decided to get some sleep. Just as I was getting into bed I heard the screams of my friend Becky. I ran to her room remembering the message sent to me. My friends and I asked Becky what was wrong but she couldn't speak. All we could do is comfort her and watch her suffer in silence. 

While I sat on her bed next to her I received one final text message. "I warned you all. Just don't scream." I tried to call my mom and get her advice about the situation but I could not get her to answer her phone. I began to panic and decided to call the police. They told me that they would check the texts once they came out and spoke to us. My friends and I decided to go downstairs and wait for the police to arrive.

Before we went downstairs I noticed what looked like a journal on the nightstand. I took it downstairs to look at while we waited for the police. 

When Becky noticed what I had in my hands she started to whimper. I opened the book and as I began to read it I understood why Becky started to whimper.

December 23rd, 2017 

                        " My wife and I arrived at the cabin earlier today. I do not understand what is going on. When we first arrived everything was wonderful but as soon as night fell I began receiving strange text messages telling me the same thing. Just don't scream. After the first one,  the door flew against the wall and made both my wife and I scream. The next message was more of a warning and next thing I knew my wife was in the bathroom screaming her head off. The third message was more like a threat and then everything went crazy. I do not know what lives outside of this cabin but I can feel it coming for us."

My friends and I watched as the fire burned but the room got colder. We felt whatever it was outside the cabin. We all knew as we stared at each other that whatever had gotten the couple one year earlier was coming for us. We all screamed as the power went out and we felt the floor beneath us vibrate. We tried not to scream with all our might but that is all we could do as we began to hear the breathing of something right outside the door. We screamed as the door hit the wall and at that moment I felt the phone go off in my pocket. I do not know where we are but he will not let us leave. All I can do is warn you not to go up to the cabin because if he hears you scream he just might get you too.

The police arrived at the cabin but there was no trace of the girls, only a single cell phone. The police checked the phone and spoke to the phone company. According to both sources, the texts were coming from the very number that they were being sent to.