Night # 196 Ominous Creature

This next chilling tale is about a creature that plays with the mind.

I was falling asleep one night when I heard my closet door open slowly. I saw claws on the door as the creature stepped out and I nearly screamed. I closed my eyes too afraid to face it and when I opened them he was gone and the door shut. I looked in the closet when I woke up in the morning and nothing was there. I thought maybe I had been dreaming.

The following night once again as I was falling asleep the closet door slowly opened and the creature came out of the closet. I closed my eyes but this time he spoke. "You cannot escape me." I hid under the cover and as I did I heard the closet door close. I slowly peeked out from under the cover and he was gone.

I could not figure out what this creature wanted from me and I could not muster the courage to speak to it. The next night I closed my eyes and covered my ears to avoid seeing or hearing it. I laid in bed praying for him to go away when I felt something touch my head. I knew it was the creature. Quickly, he went back into the closet and I breathed a sigh of relief.

Tonight I walked into my room and my skin began to crawl as I noticed what was on my full-length mirror. Written in blood was, "You can close your eyes but I will not go away. You can cover your ears but I will not go away. Tonight you will be mine."

I was deathly afraid and I ran out of the house. I jumped in my truck to go to the police when I felt a claw on my shoulder. My last words were, "Please don't hurt me."