Night # 43 Death Follows Curiosity

This next chilling tale is about a man named Adam whose curiosity just might be the death of him.

Adam was a curious person by nature. He always liked to check things out to see how they work or if they work. One night he was on the internet and he found a site with information pertaining to the seven gates to hell. He immediately wanted to go check out one of the sites and see if there was anything to it. He packed some luggage for the trip and headed straight for the airport.

Once he parked his rental vehicle the next day he walked the few miles he had to to get to one of the gateways. When he arrived at the location there was a huge hole in the ground. Hesitantly, he looked down into the hole and it was like a huge fire pit. He was mesmerized by the flames and spoke into the hole to see if anything would happen but nothing did. He decided to turn around and leave when he heard a very sinister voice come from below the earth.

" You have found one of the seven gateways to hell. You now belong to us and we may do with you as we wish. Welcome to Hell, Adam."

Adam stood for a moment freaked out by what he was hearing. His curiosity no longer seemed like a good thing and he was afraid that he may have crossed the line this time. He left the sight walking very briskly. He felt like all the way to his vehicle that something was watching him. That night when he got to the motel he was staying in he laid down to go to sleep. He tried to have pleasant dreams but that did not happen. As he fell asleep he dreamed of things that happened long before his time. He could see things as if his mind was a timeline. Everywhere around him the acts of violence were streaming like a movie. He could not escape it. When he woke up the next morning he sobbed. The nightmare was worse than all the nightmares he had experienced in his lifetime.

While he was awake he thought he could control his mind but he was dead wrong. He continued to see the images in his mind and it was driving him completely insane.He could not even go out in public because when he did he would see things in a totally different perspective. He had an outburst at the restaurant where he was eating when he mistakingly thought that a customer was trying to kill someone. Everyone in the room looked at him suspiciously.

Later that day he walked back to the site to see if he could change what was happening to him. As he stood over the huge gaping hole in the ground the sinister voice spoke to him once again.

"It is too late. As they say, curiosity killed the cat. What, did you think that you could take a glimpse into hell and back away? I don't think so. We will be with you now and forever." 

The next day as Adam continued to suffer the next poor soul walked up to the gaping hole and peered inside. He spoke," Is anyone down there?" He waited a few seconds and began to laugh. As he began to walk away a sinister voice spoke to him, "You have found one of the seven gateways to Hell. You now belong to us and we may do with you as we wish. Welcome to Hell, Doug."