Night # 102 Curfew Warning

This next chilling tale is about a teen couple staying out past curfew and receiving one scary warning.

A teen couple had gone out to see a movie one night. Their parents had both stressed once again that they should be home by curfew. They had always been good about getting home on time but they were tired of being told what to do so they stayed out past curfew. They went to a secluded spot back in the woods where they knew their parents would not find them.

Ashley looked at her watch as a smile formed on her face. Rick kissed Ashley when her phone began to vibrate on the dashboard. She knew it was her mother so she ignored it. A few minutes later her phone vibrated again. She went to turn her cell phone off when she noticed that the call was not coming from her parents. Rick asked her what was wrong and for a minute she had trouble speaking. 

" You better get out of the woods," is the words she read on the text message left by the unknown caller. She finally told Rick about the missed call and the text left on her phone. Rick tried to convince Ashley that it was probably just a joke but he felt a little nervous about it himself. After all, how did this person know they were in the woods? Ashley went ahead and turned her cell phone off. She asked Rick if he could drive her home and he agreed to.

Rick started the car and backed it up. As he began driving down the dirt road they began to hear strange noises from underneath the car. Rick slowed way down to see if the sounds would disappear but they did not. He did not want to stop and see what it was but he was scared there was something stuck underneath his car that would mess it up. He pulled over on the side of the road and asked Ashley to watch out for anything so he could look up under the car.

He stepped out and opened his trunk to retrieve a flashlight so he could see what he was doing. When he opened the trunk he put his hand over his mouth so that he would not scare Ashley. What was in the trunk let him know that someone had seen them. There lying in the trunk was a message on a big piece of cardboard. "You better hurry and get home. Being out past curfew will get you in trouble." Rick stood there for a moment trying to think of who might have been following them. 

He did not want to scare Ashley so he told her everything was fine and proceeded to look under the car. Slowly he laid down on the ground beside the car so he could get a good look at what was underneath it. Once he was on the ground he turned the light on and once his eyes caught sight of what was underneath the car he rolled into the ditch horrified. Ashley noticed him out of the corner of her eye and jumped out of the car. 

He hollered at her to get back in the car and jumped out of the ditch that he had rolled into. He got into the car locking all the doors. He started the car quickly and drove off. Ashley kept asking him what he had seen underneath the car but he told her he would not say until they were out of the woods and back on the highway. He knew his car would probably be messed up but he did not care. Someone was watching them and he was scared to death right now. 

They managed to make it back to the highway but his car was sounding really rough by the time they did. He knew he had to tell Ashley about what he saw so he took a deep breath and told her. "I know it is going to scare you but there was a note in the trunk and underneath the car, there was part of a human torso. I don't know who is following us but they know where we have been and that we were out past curfew."Just as Rick finished what he was saying the car just stopped dead in the middle of the road. Ashley screamed knowing that there were no other cars out with it being a weeknight this late. 

They both knew that even though they were going to be grounded for quite some time they had to call their parents. It was too scary of a situation not to. Ashley went to turn her phone back on to call her mom. She began to speak quickly when she noticed the breathing on the other end of the line. "This is not your mother." A tall muscular figure stepped out of the shadows taking giant steps for the car. Ashley noticed something in his hand as he approached them quickly. It was her mother's phone along with strands of her hair. Rick and Ashley jumped out of the car together hand in hand running for their lives. 

The next day local police received a package on their desk along with a message. The sheriff opened the envelope and shook his head as he realized who he was dealing with. He took some papers out of a file cabinet looking over them. For the past several weeks a killer had been striking different areas around the country and they all had one thing in common. All of the crimes had involved underage teens staying out past curfew. No one had been able to figure out why the killer had an obsession with teens staying out past curfew but that seemed to be his targets. 

The sheriff took the envelope knowing that some other sheriff in another part of the country would probably be receiving the same items that he was now holding very soon. Inside the envelope was a cell phone along with strands of hair and last but not least a note with the words, "I told them that being out past curfew would get them in trouble."