Night # 69 Urgent Care

This next chilling tale is about a young woman who has to receive urgent care and gets a little more than just care.

Valerie had been home all day with a fever. She was beginning to have terrible pains in her stomach and her fever would not come down. She decided to go to the Emergency Room because of the pain she was now suffering. After waiting for about an hour the nurse took her back to a room to wait for the doctor. To Valerie, it felt like an eternity waiting in that cold hospital room. 

Finally, after about an hour the doctor came into the room. He asked Valerie about her symptoms and listened intently as she described them to him. He decided he needed to feel on her abdomen and in doing so he discovered something. "I am sorry to have to tell you this but you are going to need an appendectomy. Your appendix is inflamed and if we do not operate immediately it could rupture." Valerie was scared of having surgery but it scared her even more thinking about her appendix rupturing. 

The doctor took her into the operating room where they prepped her for surgery. They had a television in the room with her and he told her to feel free to watch it while they got everything ready. A few minutes later Valerie was given an anesthetic through an IV and just before it hit her an urgent message scrolled at the bottom of the newscast. "Attention all Galesburg residents. There have been five mental institute patients escape from the local mental ward. They are dangerous and if you see them please contact the authoritites." Valerie began to get groggy as the pictures of the patients came on the screen. She began to hear laughter in the room with her as it dawned on her that each and every single one of them were involved in her surgery. She tried to get up but she couldn't. The medication was putting her to sleep and she could not help but close her eyes.

To this day the five mental institute patients have not been found. Several Emergency Room's have had patients as well as staff come up missing. Authorities have had a close eye on the medical facilities but they come up missing as well. The one remaining question on everyone's mind is, Will they ever catch them or will we have to live in fear knowing that sooner or later we will need urgent care that just might be deadly?