Night # 165 After The Sun Goes Down

This next chilling tale is about what the darkness brings with it.

I was walking home from a friend's house late one evening just as the sun had set. At first, I wasn't afraid but then I heard a rustling in the bushes and I immediately cringed. I stopped dead in my tracks to look into the bushes but nothing was there so I continued walking. I picked up my pace wanting to get home. I felt something hit my shoulder as I was walking and made the mistake of looking up. 

The streetlight near my house was just enough light to illuminate what appeared to be blood dripping from a low hanging branch. I panicked as I saw the blood drip down onto my shoulder. My first instinct was to run. I made it to my front porch when I fell back onto the ground. I felt something on my shoes and when I looked at the bottom of them I screamed. I had slipped in a pool of blood. 

I looked at my front door and reached into my pocket to retrieve my key. I could not find it. My heart sank as I thought about my options. Now I would have to walk back to my friend's house to see if I had left my keys there. I did not want to walk back in the dark. I slowly got up from the ground taking a few deep breaths to calm myself down.

I ran as fast as I could to my friend's house and when I got there my friend had my keys in her hand ready for me. I told her what had happened and she called the police. She did not want me going back alone. To this day, no one knows where the blood came from or how it got there but one thing is for sure. I will no longer walk home after the sun goes down.