Night # 42 Deadly Date

This next chilling tale is about a young couple going on their first date and how they learn that some dates can be deadly. 

April and Charlie were teenagers going out on their first date. First, they were going to go out to dinner and then they were going to head to a movie. After they finished dinner, they jumped into the car to head out and see a new scary movie that was playing. When they got onto the highway Charlie decided to turn the radio on. At first, there was music playing but then a news bulletin was announced.

"Local authorities are now searching for a serial killer who has been spotted in the area. They say he was sighted leaving a local shopping mall but they could not find him after receiving the tip as to his whereabouts. Residents are urged to lock all their doors and to stay off the streets. The man they are looking for has already killed at least thirty people in five different states. We will continue to relay information as we receive it. Please all residents stay safe."

As the news bulletin finished and the music started up again April and Charlie contemplated whether they should still go to the movies or not. After discussing it they decided that they should be safe with the police precinct in the same building as the movie theater. When they arrived at the movie theater and stepped out of the car they could not help but be nervous about it being dark outside. As they walked in they both kept looking in all directions. 

Once they took their seats after getting snacks and drinks they began to relax and watch the scary movie. The movie, strangely enough, helped them relax and they had a really nice time. When the movie was over they walked out to the car and once again that is what made them nervous. On the way to April's house, Charlie turned the radio back on to see if there was an update. Unfortunately, there had been another murder and it was a little too close to home. It had taken place only fifteen miles from where Charlie lived and they still had not caught the killer. 

When they arrived in April's driveway Charlie got out of the car and opened April's door for her. There was no way he was going to let her walk up to her front door alone. He kissed her on the cheek and walked off as she was using her house key to unlock her door. He was just about to open his car door when he heard a scream. He turned around to see April being stabbed and drug into the house. He panicked and jumped in his car to call the police but as he did he noticed the serial killer fast approaching his car door. He locked it and all the other doors. He tried to start his car but it would not start. As the killer broke his window with his own arm Charlie tried to escape going out the passenger door. As he tried to take off running he tripped over the killer's foot. Before he knew what hit him, a knife went into his back.

The killer sat in April's house looking at pictures of her friends and smiled. He knew who his next targets would be and that his body count was going to be higher than any other serial killers before him.