Night #35 The Dark Wanderer

This next chilling tale is about a mother who fears for her daughter when she begins sleepwalking at night.

Debra awoke from a dead sleep one night to her daughter Sherry standing at the foot of her bed. Debra turned her bedside lamp on and was shocked to see that Sherry's eyes were closed. She shook her daughter to wake her up. As Sherry went back to bed her mother was concerned. She had never known her daughter to sleepwalk.

The next night Debra was awakened again by her daughter walking through the house. She got up to check on her and noticed once again her eyes were closed. One thing that made Debra really nervous is that her daughter was speaking and holding her hand out as if someone were in the room with her. Debra walked her daughter back to her room and tucked her into bed. As she was leaving the room she noticed her daughter tell someone named Daniel to leave her alone. The next day Debra asked Sherry about what happened but she could not remember anything.

Night after night Sherry would sleepwalk and each night the events would get worse. The third night Sherry woke up with a bruise on her arm. The fourth night she screamed for several minutes. The one thing Debra noticed is that each night her daughter spoke the name, Daniel. Who was Daniel and what was he doing to her daughter?

Debra decided to do some research on the house and see if someone named Daniel had ever lived there. The article she stumbled upon sent shivers up her spine. Years ago police had discovered a young boy by the name of Daniel sleepwalking holding a knife. His parents and siblings had been found stabbed to death in the home. The police spoke to some of the neighbors'. They all stated that Daniel's parents had asked for their advice because he had been sleepwalking for a few nights and was coming up with marks on him. They also stated that he was speaking to someone while it was occurring. What was really sad about the case is that his parents had told all the neighbors' they were going to take him to the doctor the next morning.

 Debra rushed her daughter to the doctor's office as soon as she finished reading the article. She could not take any chances. When the doctor checked Sherry out he told Debra he thought she was having night terrors and that he was going to give her something to help her sleep better. That night Debra stayed awake for a few hours watching her daughter sleep and noticed the medicine was working so she went to sleep herself.

An hour later Debra awoke to a stabbing pain in her chest. She reached over to turn her lamp on and noticed her daughter standing there with a bloody knife. As she looked down at her own chest she noticed the stab wound. The last word she heard her daughter say was, Daniel.

One hundred miles away Terry woke up to see his son standing there beside his bed. His son's eyes were closed but he kept repeating the name Sherry over and over again.