Night # 54 Feeding Time

This next chilling tale is about a man named Fred who goes out to feed his dogs one night and discovers something chilling.

Fred was a single man who loved animals. He owned two dogs as well as an inside cat. All of his animals knew when it was feeding time which is why it was odd that they did not come when he called them. He thought that maybe they had found something interesting and left their food outside for them to eat later. A couple of hours later before he went to sleep he went back out to see if they had come back to eat their food. He called to them after seeing that they had not eaten any of their food. Within a few minutes they eventually came up to the porch but something was wrong.

When he turned the porch light on and stepped out the front door he noticed blood on both of his dogs. He wondered where it had come from but knew that with it being dark it would be best to check in the morning. He took both of the dogs inside and gave them a bath. He then set things up for the dogs to sleep in the house and he laid down to go to sleep himself. 

As he began to drift off the dogs began to viciously bark. Fred got up to see what was wrong with them. They were both staring at the window and would not take their eyes off of it. Fred turned the porch light on and stepped out to see if he could figure out what was driving the dogs crazy. He did not see anything but when he got back into the house he noticed a red trail at the front door. He looked at the bottom of his shoes and discovered it was blood. 

Something was not right and Fred knew he had to call the police. He waited for the police to arrive and noticed something about the dogs. They were no longer looking at the window but not they were cowering in a corner. He kept praying that the police would hurry up because he was really getting frightened by the way his dogs were acting. He heard a police siren and relief washed over him. He made sure his porch light was on and watched as the officer started to walk toward the porch.Suddenly the officer stopped and a chill ran down his spine. He put his hand over his mouth in shock as he saw the officer fall down with something sticking out of his back. His dogs went ballistic as the strange figure stepped onto the porch. He did not know who or what it was because it had a hood over its head and face. It looked in at him and whatever it was spoke. "It's feeding time, Fred."