Night # 114 Flying Nightmare

This next chilling tale is about a young woman taking her first flight and the nightmare that comes with it.

Angie was taking her first flight from New York to California and she was extremely nervous. As she boarded the plane she began to shake just a little as she took her seat. A few minutes later an announcement was made for all passengers to put their seat belts on. Angie put her seatbelt on and as the plane took off she decided to take a little nap to some music. She put her earbuds in and a few minutes later she fell asleep. Within a short time, she was dreaming.

The plane encountered turbulence and the pilot told everyone to stay calm that it would be over shortly. Angie watched as the stewardess walked past her with a grim look on her face. She knew something was wrong but they were steadily telling passengers everything was fine. Angie heard a couple of people behind her saying they overhead the stewardess tell another stewardess that someone was on the flight that should not be. Angie began to get worried knowing how bad it would be to have an emergency in this situation. She wished that she had just gotten off the plane and canceled her flight.

Angie looked all around her as the plane began to get more unsteady. She tried to figure out who looked like they could be trouble but everyone seemed a little odd to her at this moment. She heard several screams as the plane began to nosedive. She tried to stay calm but with the plane going down that was impossible. She heard a loud bang from the cockpit as the smell of gasoline hit her nose. Passengers began to panic as the pilot came out carrying something in his hand. It was a can of gasoline. He smiled as he held up a lighter. Angie passed out as the flames began to overtake the plane.

Angie woke up gasping for air. The plane had not even taken off. The stewardess asked her if she was okay telling her that she looked a little pale. Angie told her that she had dozed off and had a nightmare. The stewardess tried telling her that a lot of people have nightmares before their first flight and that it was perfectly natural. Angie sat there as the plane was just about to take-off and suddenly she had an outburst. She demanded to see the pilot before the plane departed. 

A minute later the pilot came out to see what all the commotion was. Angie was relieved when she realized it was not the same man from her nightmare. The pilot talked to her for just a moment saying that it was okay and that it was just her nerves. Angie felt better as the plane took off. She laid her head back and began to listen to some music.

Once Angie arrived in California she realized that the pilot and stewardess were right. It was just a nightmare caused by her being nervous about her first flight. She went to her motel room that night and decided to take a long hot bath to relax. As she finished running the water she put her head back against the tub and closed her eyes. A few seconds later she began to smell something and her eyes popped wide open. It was gasoline. She heard laughter from her room and a voice spoke to her. "Nightmares can be so misleading. You had the gasoline part right but the rest was wrong." He entered the bathroom and a look of shock spread across her face. It was the man on the plane. 

He lit a match-throwing it on the bed in her room and ran out the door. Angie tried to put a towel around her and leave the bathroom but she slipped and fell in the tub. By the time the fire department and authorities arrived, it was too late.