Night # 105 Death Comes Around Part Three

As Leann thought about who could be doing this she heard thunder in the distance. She did not recall the threat of thunderstorms when she had listened to the weather forecast earlier but within a few seconds a severe thunderstorm warning popped up on her phone. She sat back down at her desk trying to remember anything she could from the accident when the winds began to suddenly pick up. She began to feel very ominous as lightning streaked across the sky.

She sat there watching out her living room window as the lightning filled the sky with bright flashes and a brief recollection came over her. She could see herself walking down an empty hallway in the dark when the overhead lights flickered on and showed her hands covered in blood. It was hard to gather where she was at the time of the incident because the recollection was so brief but as she sat at her desk thinking about it she suddenly knew where she had been at the time: in the hospital.

The major dilemma she was having was what had happened to her and why could she not remember anything from around the time of being in the hospital. Quickly, she glanced at the clock and could not believe her eyes. According to the clock, it was already 6 AM. "Where had the time gone," she wondered. She wasn't sure what but something urged her to turn her television on. There on the morning news was the discovery of a body at precisely 5 AM on the side of the road. The details matched the message she had received exactly. The only thing they were leaving out was who the victim was and she had a feeling she would know that detail very soon. As if it were timed perfectly her phone began to signal that she had a new voicemail. At the other end of the line was a voice that seemed familiar somehow.

Hello Leann: Are you ready to face the past. I hope so because I am going to help you remember it as slowly and painfully as possible. Just remember you reap what you sow. 

Leann closed her phone as the voicemail finished. She looked out the window and as another streak of lightning filled the sky she could see herself bleeding in the front seat of her car.

To be continued...