Night # 40 Dark Castle

This next chilling tale is about a young man named Darren who gives scary castle tours for a living but soon finds out there may be more to this castle than he thought.

Darren decided to take a job giving haunted castle tours. The first week he had to be trained and was only assigned to the daytime tours but once he was ready they assigned him to the nightly tours. Tonight would be his first night and he had to admit he was a little nervous. Just as it was starting to get dark he parked his car and stood outside the castle. Looking at it was intimidating in the dark. He made his way inside and was surprised by how many people showed up for the 8:00 tour. After everyone purchased their tickets he asked them if they were ready for the scare of their lives and proceeded to escort them into the rooms of the castle. 

Walking down the first long hallway Darren began to give them some history of the castle. As he explained to them that a man had used it to torture several of the local residents the group began to ask each other if there was a chill in the air. They finally made it to one of the rooms where Darren showed them a few of the devices used on some of the victims. The door slammed shut and the group all jumped in unison. Darren tried to calm them down thinking it was just some sort of trick to make the tour scarier. After he managed to calm them down just a bit a secret passage opened up in front of them. 

Darren began to lead them inside the passageway and everyone huddled closely together. The tour really seemed to be frightening them. As they made their way deeper into the passageway a lady screamed as she fell through a hole that could not be seen in the dimly lit passageway. The group stopped dead in their tracks looking down at where the lady fell through. They all started to panic as they looked down only to see darkness. The lady's scream ended abruptly. As they all stood there motionless the castle began to reshape itself. As everyone started to scream they were separated as the castle transformed itself. Darren was now alone in a dark room with only a single candle in it. As he bent down and started to cry he heard a door opening up in the room. He turned to look at the door noticing there was light coming from it. He walked through the door hoping to escape but just as he did all hope vanished. Waiting for him inside the doorway were beasts from the other side. Many years ago the man whom Darren had told the tour group about had died but shortly before his death, he found a way to carry his work out. He read a special book which told him how to open a portal for the beasts and let them in. Before Darren died the last sound he heard was the man's maniacal laugh from the other side.