Night # 66 Right Turn, Wrong Way

This next chilling tale is about a couple of college girls taking an adventure on some backroads.

Stacy and Megan were out for Spring Break week and they wanted to do something a little different. They decided to drive some of the backroads to see if there was anything spooky on them. They were driving down this road when they saw a little beat up stop sign with two roads coming off of it. There was one to the left and one to the right. Stacy turned to Megan and asked her to pick which way they should explore. Megan picked the road going right.

Stacy turned onto the small country road going right. After a couple of miles, things did begin to get a little creepy. It seemed to be a little bit darker as they drove down the road and looking at the trees Megan noticed something odd about them. They all appeared to be dying. They contemplated turning around but the road was so narrow and they were afraid that they might wind up getting stuck in the ditch so they kept going. Within a short amount of time, things had gone from being a little creepy to downright scary.

The moon seemed to have completely vanished and all the trees were completely dead. Another thing that spooked Stacy is the road seemed to be getting even more narrow as they went. It did not help that the car was beginning to sound like it was trying to break down. They both prayed out loud that the road would lead to something soon. As if something were mocking them it did come to an end but there was no road connected to it, it was a dead end. Stacy tried her best to turn the car around and thankfully she was able to do it without getting stuck.

As they drove back Stacy sped up. She could not take this scary road any longer and wanted more than anything just to get home. While driving back they both noticed something moving on the side of the road and it scared the heck out of them. They could not make out what it was but it ran smack into the car and wrecked it. The two girls got out of the car knowing they did not want to wait there for help. They began to walk and as they did an eerie sound emanated from behind them. They looked back and noticed that the unknown creature had not been killed after all. It was no longer in front of the car. The two girls began to run for safety trying there best to make it to the road they had turned off of. They stopped dead in their tracks when they heard leaves crunching beneath the footsteps of something or someone in the woods. As they stood there in terror the woods began to change in the darkness. Within seconds they were no longer on the road, they were now in the woods and the footsteps were really close now. Before they could make a move they were both drug deeper into the woods by something or someone they had never identified.

When Stacy and Megan's parents' had begun to inquire with the locals about their daughters' disappearances they could not seem to get an answer, but after begging and pleading with them finally they gave in. One local stated, "I am sorry to have to tell you this, but you might not ever see them again. There are some backroads around this area that locals will not drive down. Years ago several people went missing after moving in down there and the one person fortunate enough to make it out alive swore that something was terribly wrong with the road and its surroundings. They swore on their own mother's grave that the woods began to change on them and it was darker than it should have been. They heard as well as saw some very eerie things and stated they would never go down that way again. Just turn around, go home, and mourn your children because if you go out there trying to find them the odds are you will not come back."

After listening to what the local had to say about the situation the parents talked amongst themselves outside. Regardless of what the local had to say they had to check and see if their daughters were still alive. A few days later the local figured out that he was right they did not come back. Their disappearances were whispered around the community and to this day other than the occasional outsider no one drives or walks down those backroads.