Night # 61 Message Delayed

This next chilling tale is about a young lady who takes a dinner break and comes back to something she did not expect.

Janice along with the other employees at the office took their dinner break. When Janice came back she was wondering where everybody else was. She sat down in her office cubicle to get back to work on her computer. Sitting at her desk typing the power went off. She searched in her desk drawer for her mini flashlight and once she found it her cell phone went off. She noticed that she had a message and for some reason, it did not come through when it should have.

The message stated, "Do not go back to work. We had to call the police because an eyewitness saw a strange man walking in the building. We will let you know when it is safe to go back to work." Janice felt a shiver course through her body. She wondered what had been taking the police so long considering it had been thirty minutes or so since the message had been sent. As she contemplated this she felt a hand grab her leg and she screamed. The man had been hiding under the desk as she came into the building. He pulled her under the desk where he had a special surprise waiting for her.

When the police finally arrived they thought all they would be looking for was the intruder but there was the body of a dead woman in the hallway. Next to her was the cell phone and it had a message on the screen. It stated, "We did a good job, didn't we? My friend kept you busy with that huge pileup on the interstate while I found a special victim. Don't worry we have another special event already planned and it will be even better this time." The police could not believe it. They never thought for one minute that the two incidents were connected. They could not help but think that the guy was probably right. The next event would probably be better and something told them it was going to take a while to catch these two.