Night # 116 Hospital on a Hill

This next chilling tale is about a couple of ghost hunters who investigate one creepy old hospital.

No one knows when it had been built but many had seen it from a distance. The hospital was in the countryside atop one massive hill. It was rumored that whoever entered the hospital never came out the same. For years no one had been willing to even get close to the hospital let alone go inside it.

Two ghost hunters, Mike and Chris, could not pass up the opportunity to check it out. For the past year, things had been boring for them. All the properties they had been checking out turned out to be lame. They had planned to go in that night despite all the warnings they had received. 

Mike and Chris arrived at the hospital just as darkness had taken over. Just driving up the long hilltop road gave them a chill. It was a very ominous night. The moon was full and it was deathly silent. They parked their van, got their equipment together, and proceeded slowly to the front door.

They stood there for a moment trying to figure out who should go in first. Finally, Mike stepped up to the door and twisted the doorknob. The creaking of the door was disturbing as quiet as it was outside. Mike stepped into the hospital with Chris right behind him holding a flashlight. The first room they encountered was the admissions area.

Mike stepped around the desk to look around when he noticed something disturbing. There were papers strewn all over the floor with what appeared to be dried blood all over them. He carefully picked the papers up stacking them neatly when his eyes caught the names on two of the patient files.

Mike had to get Chris' attention. He seemed to have gone into a trance standing there holding the flashlight. When Mike showed Chris the papers they both became spooked. Not only were their names on the patient files but it was showing that they would be admitted that very night. They agreed that it was time to leave.

Chris handed Mike the flashlight asking him to lead them out. They walked back down the hall to get to the front door and they could not find it. They searched a few of the rooms but they could not find an exit. 

The silence was broken as slowly the hospital came to life. Mike and Chris could hear the sounds of nurses and doctors in the hall. The lights began to flicker but did not fully come on. Before they knew it the staff was entering the room with them and a doctor spoke. "We cannot let them leave. You know what to do."

Mike and Chris both felt a chill as the nurses grabbed them. Their dead cold skeletal hands hurt. They were led to a hospital room where they were put to sleep. When they awoke they were in front of the hospital in their van. How had they gotten here and who had put their equipment back in the van? They did not want to stick around to find out so they drove home as fast as they could.

Once they arrived they took the recording to see what was on it. They watched in amazement as the hospital operated for a few minutes and then went completely dead again. Once the video was over Mike and Chris felt extremely drowsy and could not fight it. When they awoke they were back in the hospital once again. 

Two ghost hunters, Tim and John, had traveled many miles to see the hospital they had heard so much about. As Tim and John drove up the steep hillside they noticed the full moon and how deathly quiet it was. It was already spooky to them even though they had not yet entered the hospital. After getting their equipment out of the van they walked up to the front door. John was a little skeptical but turned the doorknob anyway. The creaking made them both cringe a little. As they entered the hallway Mike and Chris were awaiting them in the admissions area.

Since waking up in the hospital Mike and Chris felt much better. A smile formed on both of their faces as they thought about hunting the living instead of the dead.

A week ago a couple of ghost hunters received a letter in the mail as follows. 

Dear Jim and Jacob, 

We are writing to you to let you know that we have recently visited a really spooky old hospital in the country. If you want some good ghost footage this is the place to go.

                                                                                        Signed, 

                                                                                                       Mike, Chris, Tim, and John