Night # 68 The Story Goes Like This

This next chilling tale is about two young couples telling different versions of the same story and finding out just who is telling it right.

They were sitting in the car in a secluded wooded area when Reggie started to tell a story. This story is about something that happened in these woods a few years back. A teenager went hiking through these woods alone one day when he became lost. His parents were worried about him so they sent some volunteers to look for him. When they found him three days later he was dead. The biggest concern was on their way back they noticed a strange man walking through the woods holding only a bloody bandanna. It turned out to be the same one the boy was wearing when he disappeared.

Drake spoke up next. That is not how the story goes. It goes like this. A young teenage boy drove his car out on this dirt road in the woods. His family did not hear from him so they contacted the police. When they found him he was in his car dead from knife wounds. A few days later some campers found a strange cabin not too far from the sight with some of the teenager's belongings. They never did find out who was staying in the cabin but they do not believe the teenager had left his car. There were no traces of him having done so.

Tanya looked at them both and said she had heard the story but that was not the version that she was told. They said that a teenage girl drove down this road after having a fight with her boyfriend. She got out of the car and wandered off into the woods. Her boyfriend feeling bad about the breakup went looking for her because he knew when she was upset she would take walks out in the woods. Unfortunately, when he found her she was in a rundown cabin with her jewelry missing along with her hand. They never found her hand or the person who took it. All they know is that they are afraid to go out there anymore.

Finally, Beverly spoke up. I have to correct you all. The story goes like this. A teenage couple drove out here one night to be alone. Their parents had been keeping tabs on them but they snuck away. Apparently, they had parked the car and ventured into the woods to explore. No one heard from them in hours so some local family members went out in search of them. When they found the car it had blood on the passenger door and the couple was nowhere to be seen. They looked in the woods for a few hours but never found any trace of the couple. The only thing they found was what looked like the remains of a small campfire. No one has seen the couple since but they believe someone else was in the woods at the time of their disappearance.

They may not have agreed about details of the story but one thing they did agree on was that it was creepy. Reggie went to start the car but the motor would not turn over. He stepped out of the car to look under the hood and he heard the sound of crunching leaves. He jumped back in the car and everyone was questioning him. They locked all the doors and stared out the windows of the car intently. They noticed a knocking sound on the trunk of the car and they all whipped their heads around. There was no one there. They figured out as the windshield was suddenly shattered by some flying object that not a single one of them had been right about the story. Standing there in the pitch black night was four scary looking maniacs. One by one each of them was taken into the woods kicking and screaming to a little rundown cabin. The only thing left behind was a piece of tissue that one of the girls had been using that fell out of her hand. 

When the police found their car one of the deputies gulped. He knew they were not going to find the four teenagers alive. Bits and pieces of the stories had been accurate but the only solid fact was that nobody came out of it alive.