Night # 64 Postcard From Hell

This next chilling tale is about a young man who gets a shocking surprise from someone he did not expect.

Jonathan checked his mail one day and discovered a postcard with red flames on the front. He turned it over to read it and the past flooded over him. Six months ago he had met a young woman at a concert and they had gone out on a couple of dates. Jonathan felt that they did not have a future together so he did not call her again. A few months passed and he was happy just being a bachelor. One day he came home from work and immediately went to take a shower. As he turned the water on and got ready to undress a hand reached around the shower curtain. She took hold of his arm trying to drag him into the shower but he fought her off and ran back into the living room. She caught up with him just as he was trying to call the police and they struggled next to the coffee table. A thought suddenly occurred to him to grab his work knife off of the table and stab her with it several times. As she began to bleed out her last words were, "I will make your life a living hell." She died within a couple of minutes and when the police arrived they concluded after a few days that it was self-defense. Jonathan tried his best to go on with his life.

He did not think about Layla after her death much but once he read the postcard he knew it was connected to her somehow. He figured it had to be somebody that she knew sending it for revenge. For the next couple of months after receiving the postcard things went wrong each and every single day. His life was indeed becoming hell on earth. He tried his best to ignore the postcard but somehow he knew it was involved with what was happening to him.

The next day he checked his mail and once again there was a postcard in the mail. This time it had a picture of Layla on the front and on the back was written, "I will see you tomorrow Jonathan." Jonathan was scared to death. Who sent the postcard? Where would they see him tomorrow and most importantly, what would they do to him? The next morning after sleeping terribly Jonathan called into work afraid to leave his house. He did not even get out of bed thinking about all the dangers that could befall him. As he laid there he began to smell gas and fear overwhelmed him. He jumped out of bed to leave the house but as he did the house blew up. Everything faded for a moment but quickly he was in a very dark place. As he heard Layla's voice he knew she had sent the postcard and that he was in hell with her now. If you ever receive a postcard just pray that it doesn't come straight from hell.