Night # 192 Keeping Secrets

This next chilling tale is about a secret that comes back to haunt its keeper.

I feel a chill in the air as I watch the news after school. A young teenager from our school turned up dead last night. This is the fifth student to go missing and turn up dead. I go to bed trying not to think about it but I can not help but wonder which one of us will be next. The killer has not left any sign of who he or she is and the police have no suspects.

I manage to fall asleep and then I hear footsteps outside of my room. I jump up out of bed and open my door just enough to peek out into the hall. I cover my mouth to keep from screaming as I watch my older sister walking to her room covered in blood. I shudder as she turns around and puts a finger to her lips. 

I go back to bed wondering how my sister could do such a horrible thing and why. She was friends with at least one of the students that were killed or so I thought. I woke up the next morning wanting to tell my parents but not being able to. I guess for now it would be our little secret. 

A few days went by and more students came up dead. I did not know how much longer I could take it. After school one day I got the worst shock of all. The student that they found that morning was my boyfriend. I not only wanted to tell on my sister but I wanted to hurt her myself. How could she hurt the boy I cared about so much? I was lying in bed when I heard my door open. 

My sister came over to my bed and without hesitation, I told her that I could not keep her secret any longer. She leaned over my bed and whispered into my ear. I shivered as I thought about all the students that she had murdered and the words that she whispered to me. "You tell and I will kill you." 

I had no doubt she was telling the truth. Since that night she has murdered five more students. I keep hoping that she will leave some clue behind for them to find because I don't know how much longer I can keep this secret and if I tell I know she will kill me too.