Night # 65 Quick Getaway

This next chilling tale is about a group of guys who decide to rob a convenience store and think they have gotten away with it.

Johnny, Bryan, and Steve were all friends from high school. They had come up with a plan to rob a convenience store run by an elderly man. Just after dark Johnny pulled the car up to the curb across the street from the store. They all put their masks on and made sure that every inch of their bodies were covered so no one would be able to identify them.They went into the store with their guns ready and thankfully there were no customers inside at the time. They demanded that the elderly man open the register as well as the safe and give them all the money in the store. After getting all the money they could they took off in the car heading for the interstate. 

They made sure before they robbed the store that the gas tank in the car was full so they would not have to stop for gas for a while. When they made it into the neighboring state they decided to stop and get a motel room for the night. They shared a room on the second floor of the motel. When they had all their belongings in the room they decided to watch a little television before they went to sleep. 

Johnny was the first one to notice that the images on the television were creepy. It was showing a convenience store with an elderly man that looked exactly like the one they had robbed a few hours ago. Within a couple of minutes, three people walked into the store wearing masks with their bodies completely clothed. Pretty soon they were taking out guns demanding money and the elderly man complied. There was one very confusing part to the three of them as they watched the tv screen the three gunmen were suddenly shot down in cold blood. Not one of them made it out of the store alive. You could not tell who shot them but it was not the elderly man. 

Johnny, Bryan, and Steve sat there in shock. It could not have been them in the video, could it?  They did not understand what was going on but maybe it was just a coincidence. They decided to go to sleep so they could get up bright and early to get as far away as possible. While asleep each of them awoke to feel bullets enter their bodies. They opened their eyes but there was no one there in the room with them. They each discovered that the blood coming from their bodies was real indeed and that they would soon be dead. 

When police viewed the evidence it played out exactly as it had for the three in the motel. The only difference was it was obvious who shot them. A policeman had been in his patrol car when he noticed the three of them walking toward the store. He had known the elderly man all his life and he was not about to let them hurt him. Their quick getaway may have taken place but not in the way they thought it would.