Night # 6 Bad Fortune

This next chilling tale is about a girl who finds something interesting, but soon realizes that if you play with fire you just might get burned.

Miranda was going through her attic one day while her parents were away. As she was looking through one of the boxes she found a small fortune telling machine. On the front, it had a coin slot and for 25 cents it would tell your fortune. Miranda was excited. She had always been curious about fortunes. She plugged it into an outlet and put a quarter in. Surprisingly it still worked and it spit out a fortune card. She held up the card and read it. It said Something will happen to you tonight. She could not imagine what it meant but as she stared at the card she began to hear thunder. Thinking the power might go out she grabbed a flashlight because it was starting to get dark outside. She decided to watch a movie to try and take her mind off of the storm outside. As she was watching the movie the storm intensified and the lights kept flickering. Within a few minutes, the power went out and Miranda jumped. She was beginning to get scared and wished her parents were at home. As she sat there with only the flashlight illuminating the room she began to hear what sounded like footsteps from the kitchen. She slowly made her way to her bedroom to make a call. She was getting too scared to be by herself. As she looked for her phone she discovered she could not find it and as she continued to look around her room she noticed something strange. When she left her room earlier her closet door had been closed and now it was open. She began to panic and to the best of her ability she decided to run to the next door neighbor's house. As she opened the front door her parents were there to catch her. After explaining what all had happened her father searched the house. He did not find anything or anyone and told her she probably just forgot to close her closet door. As Miranda laid down that night she breathed a sigh of relief. Her fortune was right, she did get a good scare tonight but she was okay and that is all that mattered. As she shut her eyes to go to sleep she heard footsteps coming toward her bedroom door. She bolted out of bed and headed for the door but as she did he quickly came into her room and slammed the door locking it behind him. "Your father forgot to check the attic and You forgot your fortune card upstairs." As her parents desperately tried to get into the room Miranda was being bludgeoned to death. When her father finally broke down the door all that was left in the room was her mangled corpse and a little fortune card. Her father picked it up and as he read it tears started filling his eyes. It said You will be dead within 24 hours.