Night # 149 Seeing Blood

This next chilling tale is about a young woman that walks straight into a nightmare.

I walked into the office late that evening after going on a food run. Everyone had been pulling long hours working on a case for a very important client. I noticed that the lights seemed to be dim as I walked through the door. I was a little on edge. I could not believe what I was seeing. It was like a nightmare. There was blood everywhere. 

I could not locate any of my co-workers but it looked like a bloody crime scene. The next thing I know the cops were pouring into the building telling me to put my hands on my head and remain silent. I did not understand why they were treating me like I was a criminal. They took me to the station to question me. They released me once the surveillance confirmed that I was not in the building at the time of the killings.

That night my client came over to see how I was doing. He had heard about the murders and was wanting to offer his condolences. As he was leaving something he said made me shiver. "I do not believe the case is going very well. I will not go to prison." He grinned as he turned around and approached me. They will never find out who killed you all and I will have the full right to hire another team for my case." This time I was seeing blood only this time it was my own.