Night # 8 Therapy Session

This next chilling tale is about a young man named Mark who decides to see a therapist after having the same recurring nightmare.

As Mark sat in the office waiting for the therapist to show up he noticed the storm outside was becoming intense. Just as he began to think the therapist was not going to show up he walked in the room. He apologized for being late, grabbed his notebook, and told Mark to proceed with his story.

I have been having the same nightmare each night for the past couple of weeks. As I drift off a storm begins to rage outside. It is so dark in the room except for the frequent lightning flashes. An unknown male walks into the room and stands over me. As a lightning strike occurs I catch a small glimpse of his face but not enough to distinguish his features. He is holding a knife in one hand and grabs for me with his free hand. Just as his hand is about to grab me I wake up in a cold sweat. Every night it is the same dream doctor. Why am I having this same dream and what does it mean?

I do not know Mark but we will figure it out in time. For now, it is getting late and I need to close my office. When you come back tomorrow we will discuss the dream further and see if there is any connecting trauma that may be causing it. As Mark got out to his car he received a phone call. It was the therapist telling him he left his jacket in his office. As he went back into the building he noticed how quiet it was. Everyone other than the therapist must have left for the day. Walking into the office it was strange. The therapist was nowhere to be seen but his jacket was right there on the chair. He decided to just grab it and go. He walked to the elevator and pushed the button. As the elevator doors opened he put his hand over his mouth. There in the elevator was the therapist. His throat had been cut and he was not breathing.

 Mark ran down the stairs and as he did he noticed a shadow at the bottom of the stairs. He ran back up the stairs and into the therapist's office. He picked up the phone to dial the police but the line was dead. As he put the phone down he began to hear footsteps outside the door and a voice began to speak to him. The unknown man opened the door and Mark was shocked. It was the man from his recurring nightmare." Hello Mark, I do not think the therapist did either one of us any good. My urge to kill has not passed and your nightmare is about to be complete." He walked toward Mark holding the knife in one hand and reaching out to grab him with the other.