Night # 135 Deadly Game

This next chilling tale is about a children's game that goes horribly wrong.

Sheila and her three friends wanted to play a game of jacks. Sheila went to her room to retrieve the jacks and they took them outside to play. They were all having fun as a young girl came up to them and introduced herself as Mary. She asked if she could join them and they all agreed that she could.

Mary challenged Sarah first and while Mary was able to pick up eight Sarah was only able to pick up six. Next Mary challenged Katie and beat her by three jacks. The third challenger turned out to be Bethany and she was beaten by four jacks. Finally, Sheila was the only one left to challenge Mary. 

At first, it appeared that Mary was going to beat her but she was one jack short. The girls congratulated Sheila except for Mary. She was very angry. They all tried to tell Mary that it was just a game but she stormed off saying, "Maybe to you it is just a game but to me, it's so much more."

The girls were surprised by Mary's behavior and agreed never to play with her again. That night the girls had a sleepover. They stayed up talking about boys when they heard something on the roof. At first, they thought it might have been an animal but then they heard heavy footsteps. As they all huddled together in the corner, a tree branch broke through the window. As they were staring at the branch, Mary crashed through the ceiling along with three of her friends.

They each snatched one of the girls up and as they took them out through the broken window Mary told them something grim. "Now you will each play a game of my choosing and it is sure to be one deadly game."