Night # 168 Deathly Cold

This next chilling tale is about a mysterious drop in temperatures.

I awoke from sleep covered in cold chills. I could not understand how it could be so cold in my house considering the temp outside was in the '60s. I looked at the thermostat on my wall and for some strange reason, it was only 58 degrees. I turned my heat on but after a few minutes I looked at the thermostat and noticed that the temperature in the room was dropping. Thinking that my heater was messed up I turned it off.

I covered myself in several blankets desperately trying to keep warm but it was steadily getting colder in the room. After a few minutes, it became unbearable so I tried to call a repairman to explain the situation. When the repairman finally answered the phone I began to speak but for some reason, he could not hear me. As I sat back down I began to feel numb from the cold. I knew I would not make it long with the temperature dropping. 

I was just about to call for emergency help when I began hearing sirens coming down my driveway. Confused, I sat there as a couple of paramedics entered my door without even knocking. They rushed to my bedroom and I followed them. I put my hands to my mouth as I noticed what was on my bed. A dead body with stab wounds. It was mine. I froze completely as the police walked in and spoke with the paramedics. Apparently, just a short time ago they had received a call.

I began to feel myself fade away and the last words I heard were. "We've lost him."