Night # 191 Jukebox in The Diner

This next chilling tale is about a couple who find an unusual jukebox on a road trip.

We had been traveling all day while on our week long vacation and were ready to find a place to eat before checking into a motel. We were having trouble somewhere to stop until we saw this diner that stayed open all night. When we walked in the door we did not think anyone was there until a waitress appeared out of nowhere.

We sat at a small table in the corner where she took our order abruptly and she walked away to get our drinks. I noticed a neat little jukebox in the corner of the diner and told my husband I was going to play a few songs on it. I walked over to the jukebox and put in the numbers for four of my favorite songs. 

I walked back to the table noticing that the waitress had already brought our drinks out. As the music began to play my husband looked at me asking me what was playing. I listened to it realizing it sounded nothing like what I had told it to play. The music itself was very macabre and the words said it all, "Death is very near." 

When the waitress took our food order I asked her why it was not playing what I programmed it to and the shock coursed through our veins as she told us they did not have a jukebox. She walked away and we both agreed something was very strange about the diner. We could both see and hear the jukebox plain as day.

After a very awkward meal, we asked for the check so we could leave. When my husband looked at the check he put his hand over his mouth. "Death is very near," was at the bottom of the check. We did not want to address the waitress again so we just paid the check and left. I heard the song beginning to play as we walked out of the diner.

Once we were back on the expressway looking for a motel to stay at for the night it was relieving. I noticed as I looked on one of the signs to see if they had lodging the words were there. I started to say something to my husband when the radio turned itself on and begin to play that dreaded song. I held out my hand for my husband to grab asking him what was going on when the car went out of control. Soon we both lost consciousness. 

When I awoke the first thing I did was look for my husband but he was nowhere to be found. I noticed something grim as I looked around. The song began to play from the jukebox when I noticed where I was. I was back at the diner. I started to scream when I noticed it was not the exact same song. This time it was playing the words," Death is here," and I heard a familiar voice. It was the waitress from the diner and someone was with her now. She spoke to him and I knew that it truly was here.

"We have taken care of her husband and now it is time to take care of her." They walked over to me as I lay there tied up and I knew that jukebox would be the last thing I heard.