Night # 162 Holding The Keys

This next chilling tale is about a series of terrifying events that lead up to one final terror.

My hands were shaking as I took my keys out of my pocket. I stood at the front door and a chill seemed to come out of nowhere. I went to put the key in the lock of the front door to my house and for some strange reason, it would not fit in the lock. I tried once more but it would not budge. 

I went around to the back door hesitantly. It was a really dark night so I was trembling as I walked up to my back door. I tried to unlock the back door but it was as if someone changed all the locks while I was gone. I was starting to fear something being terribly wrong so I ran back to my car to unlock it and drive down to my best friend's house.

I unlocked my car and grabbed the door handle but it was stuck. I looked around in terror trying to figure out what to do. What was going on?  My heart began to beat heavily as the fear coursed through my body. I stood there as my phone received a message. I read the message as calmly as I could but a scream rose within me as I realized the danger.

Warning: A local locksmith is on the loose after leaving a young woman dead earlier tonight. He apparently changed all the locks on her home and then attacked her outside where he left her to die.

Just as I finished reading the message I heard the leaves from around my back porch begin to rustle. My last thought was I should never have invited him over for dinner a week ago.