Night # 103 Death Comes Around Part One

This next chilling tale is about a young woman who begins receiving deadly messages relating to others around her.

Leann had just gotten home from the hospital after being released. She checked her mailbox to discover one strange envelope. She opened it at her kitchen table and noticed that it was a letter. As she began to read it her heart skipped a beat and it made her very nervous.

Dear Leann, 

             Your next-door neighbor, Caleb, will be discovered at precisely 9:00 tonight in a pool of blood in his living room. You will not be able to stop it so do not even try. P.S. Calling the police will do no good. 

Leann's heart sank as she read the letter. She did not know what she could do. What did it mean by calling the police would do no good? She looked at the clock and it was now 5:30. She put the letter in a desk drawer for safekeeping in case she decided to call the police. She steadily watched the clock as she thought about how to help her neighbor. At 7:00 she decided to go over to his house and knock on the door. Maybe if she could make an excuse to be around him maybe she could prevent anything happening to him. 

As Caleb's wife, Amber, answered the door Leann thought about what to tell her. She tried her best to explain the letter she received and that Caleb could be in grave danger. She handed the letter to Amber for her to read. A look came over Amber's face as she asked Leann if the letter was a joke. She handed the letter back to Leann and slammed the door in her face. 

Leann walked home and read the letter at her desk. She could not believe her eyes. The letter no longer had the words she had seen previously. It now read.

Dear Leann,

           How are you doing? I heard about your accident and just wanted to know if you were okay. I am sorry I did not call you but my phone is being worked on. Please write me back as soon as you are able to. 

                                                                                                Love, 

                                                                                                          Harry

At 9:00 PM Amber walked downstairs because she heard what sounded like her husband coming home. As she walked into the living room she began to scream as she discovered his lifeless body in a pool of blood. Fifteen minutes later Leann heard the sirens and looked out the window at the ambulance pulling into Caleb's driveway. She knew that the letter was real as they rolled his lifeless body out of the house. As she looked at the letter from her desk drawer a text message alert startled her. Somehow she knew that the message would not be good.

To be continued...