Night # 32 The Creature With Red Eyes

This next chilling tale is about a girl named Cathy who begins to be stalked by a creature with red eyes.

Cathy had just moved into her grandmother's old colonial home after she passed away. It was out in the country so she knew it would be quiet and she would sleep well. After she finished unpacking that night she went to bed. After falling into a deep sleep Cathy began to have a dream. She was standing in the long dark hallway of her grandmother's colonial home and at the end of it she could only make out a pair of red eyes. She stood there for a moment and as she did she began to hear what sounded like sharp fingernails clawing the wall. She stood there as the eyes got closer and closer. She started to run but fell down and the eyes were now halfway down the hall and she could hear whatever was in the hallway breathing. Just as she started to scream she woke up and was screaming for real.

The next day Cathy went through some of her grandmother's belongings from her study. She opened a sketchbook and what she saw frightened her. Her grandmother had drawn a tall dark creature with red eyes and below the drawing, she had written notes on the creature. "I do not know what this creature is or where it is from but I began to have nightmares about him last night. I caught a glimpse of him in the hallway when a lightning strike occurred in my dream. Words cannot describe how terrified I am of it." As Cathy flipped through the book she found an entry in it which she entered the night she died. " I found out today that I am not the only one who has seen the creature but I am the only one who has not gone missing yet. If I do go missing and you read this, please find a way to stop him." The entry ended and Cathy's blood ran completely cold. 

That night she tried not to fall asleep. She walked towards the kitchen to make some coffee but as she started to walk through the hall the power went out. She screamed and ran to the kitchen but as she did she heard the door open that leads to the hallway. Red eyes appeared from the other side of the door and the creature lunged at her suddenly. It grabbed her by the legs and began to drag her on the floor as she was screaming and when it got to the door it opened it with one hand and threw her. It took her a minute to regain her bearings and as she did she noticed she was no longer in the house. She was somewhere she had never been. She stood up and looked through the peephole in the door and as she did the creature was holding something up. It was her grandmother's ring. When the creature walked off into her world she tried to open the door but it was locked and something told her she would never find the key.