Night # 75 A Gravedigger's Bag

This next chilling tale is about a group of teens who are a little too curious about a newly hired gravedigger.

The four teens were walking home from school one day. They had to pass by the local cemetery on their way home. They discovered as they walked by that the gravedigger was someone they had never seen before. He was walking around with a gravedigger's bag in his hand and he walked into the woods behind the cemetery. The four teens found this strange and became curious about it.

They all decided that the next day after school they would follow him and see what he was up to. The next day after school they met outside the building. They walked to the cemetery and watched as the gravedigger picked up his bag and began to walk into the woods. They quietly followed a safe distance behind him in the woods. After walking for a few minutes they noticed the gravedigger set his bag down on the ground. He opened the bag up as they hid behind some trees.

Fear began to course through their bodies as he pulled out human remains instead of what should have been in the bag. Their hearts began to race as something about the remains seemed familiar. They each came to the same conclusion in their minds. It looked a lot like the gravedigger they had just seen in the cemetery a few days earlier. He began to throw the remains into a hole he had dug up in the woods. After he got rid of the remains he picked the bag up and began to look around as if he sensed them watching him. 

The four teens were really frightened and what made it even worse is that he began to sniff the air around him as if he could smell the fear in the air. The four teens signaled to each other to take off running. As the first teen took his first step the gravedigger stared at the trees where they were hiding. They ran for their lives through the woods thinking they were safe because he did not follow them. Right before the woods opened up to the clearing where the cemetery was the four teens were tripped up by something.

As the four teens tried to stand back up they heard him right behind them. They could not believe how quickly he had caught up to them. "Well done. We got them right where we want them." The four teens were confused by the statement. Who was he talking to? They heard the leaves in the woods begin to crunch as three people came out from behind the trees and the worst shock of all hit the teens. There standing in front of them were three men who looked like they were brothers. The gravedigger spoke, "I told you, my sons, being a gravedigger is the best. You carry a dead body in a gravedigger's bag and they just think you are carrying tools around."