Night # 12 The Diary

This next tale is about a young woman who moves into a house with secrets.

Christina was so excited. She had just moved into her own home for the first time in her life. As she was storing some of her seasonal items in the attic she noticed a box with a diary in it. She turned to the first page and out of curiosity began to read it.

October 30th, 2017

I am scared. There is something wrong with this house. I can feel a presence near me and when I go to sleep at night I feel like someone is watching me. The house has recently been cold at night even though I have been running the heater. Tonight I tried to sleep but all I did was toss and turn. I don't know what it wants but I have to find out before it is too late.

October 31st, 2017

Today I went to the library to get some history on the house. I found out that a next-door neighbor had killed the family living in my house. I must pack my things and move out immediately. I have all my belongings packed in my car and I am ready to leave now. I have a feeling that it will not let me leave.

The diary ends there. Christina could not help but be a little scared. An entire family had been murdered in her house and she was suddenly not feeling so well about having her own home. As she sat there wondering what she should do she noticed a cold draft beginning to fill the attic. When she climbed down the steps to leave the attic she noticed a strange smell coming from the laundry room. She went to check it out and noticed a tiny blood spot beside the laundry room closet. She slowly opened the door and a body fell out of the closet. She screamed and ran to grab her purse to leave when she noticed her front door was open. She ran to the back door and it was open as well. She hesitated not understanding what was going on. Who or what was after her? She decided to make a break for it and go out the front door. As she drove off in her car she heard a voice coming from her backseat."We cannot let you leave Christina." As Christina turned around she was in utter shock. There was only one man lying in the backseat but how many voices had come from that one man? Her life flashed before her eyes as the man drove something into her seat and straight through her back.