Night # 84 Just Have a Creepy Holiday

This next chilling tale is about a young woman traveling to see her family for the holidays and what surprises lay in store for each and every single one of them.

Kate could not wait to arrive at her mother's house for the holidays. It had been a year since she had seen all of her family, but they were all getting together for a few days for Christmas. The drive took a few hours but Kate finally arrived at her mother's house at 5:00 that evening. All of the family welcomed her as she was the last one to show up. She put her presents next to the tree because there were already a ton of them under the tree. 

After everyone talked a little they had a small dinner since it was Christmas Eve. They had to save room for the huge Christmas dinner they would be having tomorrow. After dinner, everyone gathered in the spacious living room with the fireplace to open one of there presents. It was a tradition for them each year to open one present apiece. After each of them was handed a present they began to unwrap it. Silence filled the room as the family began to discover that these presents did not come from anyone in the room. Each of them had the same exact present. The only difference was the size box and the wrapping paper used. 

Each of them had received a special calendar and there was one particular day circled on each calendar. The family tried to discuss who had put the presents under the tree and why. It was a mystery to each and every single one of them. As they began making comparisons they figured out that everyone had December 25th circled. No one had a clue what to make of it, but they all agreed to throw the calendars away. Once things settled down from the present mystery everyone began to enjoy themselves in front of the fireplace telling stories. 

As the grandfather clock struck midnight the wind began to pick up outside and the lights began to flicker. Eventually, the lights went completely out. Kate's mother along with two of Kate's uncles went to grab lanterns to use until the lights came back on. They began to leave the room as the sound of a window being opened forcefully emanated through the house. They all huddled together in the living room deciding it was not a good time to separate. Multiple heavy footsteps could be heard coming closer and closer. They tried to keep each other calm, but it was not easy with footsteps that sounded so ominous and heavy. Something spoke from within the darkness and there was no hope of staying calm now. "December 25th, we have come to take each and every single one of our presents." The family panicked as the creatures filed into the room one by one to take them all.