Night #95 Urban Legend Twist

This next chilling tale is about an urban legend with a bit of a twist to it.

The four of them were sitting in a darkened room. The power had gone out recently and their only light was from the four candles they had lit. They thought it would be spooky to tell a story while it was dark. They knew the perfect story would come from their good friend Scott. Scott always had a way of making something really scary. Scott agreed to tell a story if everyone would be absolutely quiet. Scott began to weave his tale.

You have all heard the urban legend about the babysitter who discovers someone calling from upstairs right. Well, this is that story only with one hell of a twist. Madeline was watching the neighbors young son one night when the phone began to ring. Not thinking about the urban legend she answered the phone without hesitation. On the other end of the line, all she could make out was heavy breathing. She shivered as it sent chills up her spine. She was nervous so she went up to check on the little boy sleeping. He was sound asleep in his bed snoring.

Madeline went back downstairs to watch some tv when she noticed a creaking coming from the kitchen. She grabbed the fireplace poker and slowly walked into the kitchen. Upon entering the room she noticed that the sound had moved to another room. She did not know what it could be but thought maybe it was best that she not try to find out. She went into the living room to sit down on the sofa when she noticed a notepad with some writing on it. She had always been a curious person and wanted to know what it said. "I am in the house with you right now." 

Madeline jumped off of the couch thinking of what to do. She thought about the creaking sound and another thought suddenly occurred to her. When she had been on the couch before she had not noticed a notepad sitting on the coffee table. Who had placed it there and where were they now? She began to panic as she began to hear what sounded like footsteps upstairs. She suddenly remembered that her neighbors' had left their contact information on the refrigerator door. She ran into the kitchen to retrieve the piece of paper and noticed that it was gone. 

Fear overtook her as she thought about the intruder being in the house. She picked up the phone to call the police and discovered the phone was dead. She ran upstairs once again to check on Danny when she noticed his bed was empty. What had the intruder done with him? As she turned around to leave the room the door slammed shut. She heard a voice come from the bathroom. "Madeline, will you play with me?" She felt relieved when she recognized the voice. It was Danny. The intruder did not have him and that was at least some comfort.

Madeline knew he would not understand if she tried to tell him what was going on so she decided to stay upstairs with him until his parents arrived. She instructed him to come into the room with her so she could keep a better eye on him. When he entered the room something caught her by surprise. He was holding the notepad she had seen on the table earlier." What are you doing with that notepad?" she asked. I wanted to play a game with you. He put the notepad in front of her so she could read what he had written. " I have a present for you." As she finished reading the note he began to smile. He took something out of his pajama pocket and a scream emerged from her throat. 

As he held the knife in front of her she heard the front door closing and his parents' voices calling out to her. She ran downstairs as fast as she could. She told them that she had to hurry home for a family emergency. She grabbed her purse and went to the front door. When she tried to open it she couldn't. She turned around to see Danny standing in front of his parents smiling. "You did a good job son, she is good and scared just the way we like it," his father said. She tried to run but Danny's mother shot her in the back with something. "This is the perfect game, isn't it mom?", Danny asked. His mother shook her head, yes and the three of them made sure that their game had the perfect ending. Death.

 What did you think about the story, guys? Are you scared yet? He could tell by the look on their faces in the candlelight that they were. There is just one twist left and it is the scariest one of all. They watched as he took a piece of paper out of his bag to show to them. They held it up in the light and began to scream. "My name is Danny, not Scott and I want to play a little game." They tried to get up and run but Danny was not the least bit concerned. He knew he was a master at this game and that he would win.