Night # 44 The Night He Came

This next chilling tale is about a man named Devon who is out walking his dog and discovers something sinister lurking in the shadows.

Late one night Devon took his dog out to use the restroom and let him walk around for a few minutes. As he looked into the distance he saw a strange man come out of the bushes and begin to walk down the sidewalk. He could not make out what the man looked like but something was very unnerving about the way he walked. He was dragging one leg as if it did not work properly and it looked as if he were in a great deal of pain. He waved to get the man's attention to see if he needed help but he acted as if he were blind.  

Devon decided to take his dog back into the house and lock up. He just could not get over the strange feeling he had inside. When he went to lock his back door he was startled by the man standing at his back door. Devon locked eyes with the man and it terrified him. The man began to form a smile on his face but something was very sinister about it. As Devon grabbed his phone to call the police the man disappeared as he was dialing the number.

As Devon was waiting for the police he decided to look out his windows to see if he could spot the man. As he was doing so his dog began to bark nonstop. He tried to calm the dog down but something was really wrong because the dog started to whimper as well. He sat there trying to remain calm but as his dog whimpered he began to look down the dark hallway. Devon grabbed a flashlight and slowly went into the hallway. There was nothing there but that did not ease his mind. Something was wrong and he knew it. 

As he was about to head back into the living room he heard a loud noise from his bedroom. His dog ran out of the hallway and hid under a table in the living room. Devon's heart was racing as he stood there wondering what had made the sound. His heart calmed down a little as he heard the police pull into his driveway. After Devon let them as he explained the situation and asked them to check his room. They walked in front of Devon as he guided them to his room and they slowly opened the door. As the officers turned the light on both of them jumped in the doorway.

The room was covered in blood with the same words written all over the walls. "Death Comes To You Devon". They all stood in shock as they discovered not only the blood covered walls but also the state of the room. It literally looked like a tornado hit the room and Devon wondered if he would ever be safe again.