Night # 146 Open Casket

This next chilling tale is about a young man who finds himself in a living nightmare.

William was asked several times by his friends why he wanted to go to the funeral. His only response was that he wanted to see him placed in the ground himself. He walked up to the open casket along with only five other people who wanted the same thing, to see that he was really dead.

Over the course of a few weeks, the man had killed two of his family members along with some others very brutally. William narrowly escaped that. He just happened to be at a friend's house at the time of the killings.

He got a very sick feeling as he looked at the man in the coffin. He felt as if he were staring right through him even though he was dead. He went home after seeing the dirt put over the man's grave and he breathed a sigh of relief. That night as he fell asleep he dreamed of the open casket. The only difference was that when he walked up to the casket the man opened his eyes and grabbed him. He was trapped in the coffin with him as he was buried and no one could hear his cries.

He woke up screaming. The dream seemed so real to him. As he got up and went down to get some coffee he noticed a note on his refrigerator. He read it as he sipped on his coffee. He spit coffee all over the floor and nearly fainted as the words registered. "My father's work is not done. You left your back door unlocked by accident and I let myself in."