Night # 67 Secret Gifts

This next chilling tale is about a young man who just gets out of prison and finds himself receiving secret gifts.

Barry had just been released from prison after doing five years for second-degree murder. He would have gotten more of a sentence but he got less time due to a technicality. He found a place to live trying to start his life over. After a long day of unpacking, he was ready to go to sleep. The next morning he woke up to flowers in his bed next to him. He thought maybe his girlfriend left them for him. He adored her because she stood by his side even after the mistake he made.

Later that day Barry's girlfriend came over to see him. He asked her about the flowers but she told him that she did not put them in his bed. He was completely confused because his girlfriend was the only one who had a key to his new home besides him. She decided to stay the night with him because he seemed a little spooked. 

That night as they laid down to go to sleep Felicia his girlfriend noticed something strange on his night table. Barry wanted to see what she was talking about. There on his night table next to his bed was another set of flowers. Felicia could not contain her suspicion. She immediately jumped to conclusions thinking he had met someone else and was receiving flowers from them. He tried to reason with her but she would not budge. She stormed out of the house telling him to enjoy sleeping alone. That night he had trouble sleeping and he knew it was going to be a long night.

The next morning he woke up looking at the other side of his bed. There were no flowers next to him but he noticed he had dirt all over the bed and himself. He did not know what was going on but it was starting to creep him out. Later that day he tried to talk to Felicia on the phone but she still would not speak to him. It looked like he would be sleeping alone once again. 

That night as he slept he awoke to strange noises. It almost sounded like a gravedigger digging a grave. He opened his eyes wide and knew something was wrong. He began to look around him but things were not the same as when he went to sleep. He started to breathe heavily as a voice spoke to him. "Remember me, Barry. You thought you could murder me and only spend five years of your life paying for it. You were wrong. They may have given you a lighter sentence based on a technicality but I am going to make you pay in full." He tried to run but as he did something emerged from the closet. It wrapped it's arms around him and pulled him into the closet. 

The next morning Felicia decided to pay Barry a visit. She unlocked the front door calling out to him but could get no response. She knew he was home because his rental car was in the driveway. She went into his room knowing he had to be in there somewhere. She decided to open the closet door and when she did the neighbors heard her scream. Her screams were that loud. The police were called. They looked inside the closet expecting to see a body but there was no body. They did see what made Felicia scream so loudly though. There in the closet was Barry's head with a note sticking out of his partially closed mouth. "He got off too easy so he's with me now. Do not bother looking for the rest of his body you will never find it. Sometimes the dead have to seek a little justice of their own."