Night # 156 Braving The Cold

This next chilling tale is about a young girl who braves the cold and soon regrets it.

Shanda was tired of her parents telling her when she could and could not see her boyfriend. That night after her parents went to sleep she called her boyfriend and arranged to come over and see him. She told him that she would sneak out and be over as soon as she could. She snuck out her bedroom window into the cold night.

She began walking not realizing how cold it really was until the wind hit her like a ton of bricks. Her face felt like it was going to freeze. She tried to tell herself she only had a little bit further to go. Thankfully, she was now within seeing distance of his house. She started to get scared when she heard a car approaching from behind her and hid in the bushes. Soon she realized that the car looked familiar. 

She was watching her best friend pull into her boyfriend's driveway. She stayed hidden behind the bushes as her boyfriend and best friend began to embrace. She was in complete shock but she stayed quiet. She was just about to sneak away when she heard her friend make an unusual sound and fall to the ground. She looked intently as her boyfriend went back into the house holding a knife. Soon her cell phone began to ring.

She ignored his call and ran back to her house as quickly as she could. The wind was whipping in her face as she ran and she missed the movement among the trees. He jumped out in front of her and took her down easily. "I saw you hiding in the bushes. Did you think you could get away from me after what you saw? I don't think so." He made sure to leave no evidence and could not wait to see the look on her parents' faces as they discovered their daughter was missing.