Night # 76 Beats Per Minute

This next chilling tale is about a man who gets caught in one scary experience after another.

Ethan woke up in a strange place. He did not know where he was but he discovered he was in a hospital bed. He tried to move but it was like he had been given something that rendered his limbs useless. He looked around the best he could with what little light there was in the room. He noticed that he was hooked up to a heart monitor. He started to think maybe he was in some kind of hospital, but he could not remember being brought here.

As he laid there trying to remember some tiny memories started to play through his mind. He remembered someone coming into the room and his heart started to beat faster as he remembered what the person had done to him. He hooked him up to the monitor as he spoke. " Let's see how many beats per minute I can get with this." He pulled out a scalpel and began to cut into Ethan's chest slightly. "Interesting, that got me 95 beats per minute. Let's try something else." He pulled out a chainsaw and started it up. "That gave me 110 beats per minute." He left the room without saying another word.

Ethan thought that it must have been a dream. That was the only logical explanation for something that crazy. He began to relax when he noticed a curtain open up and saw a large number of people in what appeared to be something like a movie theater. The man from his memories came onto what he now recognized as a stage. Ethan was on the stage he discovered lying on the hospital bed. The man spoke to the audience. "What do you think will speed his heart up the most my adoring fans?" The audience yelled out, killer. 

Ethan could not bear to think of what was coming. He tried with all of his might to get off of the bed but it was useless. He could not move. He noticed footsteps coming from somewhere below the stage. A maniac came around to the steps leading to the stage and already his heart rate was climbing. The maniac carried an axe with him up the stage and slowly approached Ethan. The maniac lifted the axe as he reached the hospital bed. Ethan noticed just before the axe came down his heart rate was climbing way too fast. Just before the axe plunged into his chest his heart gave out.

The audience cheered as they watched Ethan reach a record number of beats per minute just before dying. The man hosting the show told the audience to stay tuned because he had another good show on the way very shortly. 

Sarah woke up confused where she was. It appeared that she was in the hospital considering she was in a hospital bed. The room was not quite right for a hospital but she could not think of where else she might be. A flood of memories came over her as she noticed the beats per minute of her heart on the monitor next to her bed. She discovered she could not move and a dreadful feeling came over her.