Night # 7 Night Terrors

This next chilling tale is about a young boy experiencing night terrors. His parents take him to a sleep specialist hoping it will help but will it?

James and Sarah were beginning to feel helpless. Their little boy Cody had been waking up every night screaming for the past week. They thought he was having night terrors so they decided to take him to a sleep specialist. After they arrived at the sleep clinic the doctor explained to them that he would have to stay overnight to be observed and that he would share the results with them in the morning. At the clinic, that night after James and Sarah had gone home for the night they hooked sensors up to Cody's body and got the computer set up for the night. As Cody drifted off to sleep the doctor steadily went between watching his vital signs and watching the monitor that showed Cody sleeping in the room. For the first hour, his vitals and sleeping pattern were good but as the night wore on things begin to drastically change. As the doctor looked at the monitor Cody sat straight up in bed and began to scream. As his screams died down he began to look in the corner and speak as if someone were there. The doctor decided to go check on him and as he entered the room Cody was gone. He began to look in all the other rooms wondering if out of fear Cody had found a place to hide. When the doctor entered the main hallway he could hear Cody and it sounded as if he were back in his own room. The doctor decided to go back and watch the monitor to see what Cody was doing now. When he sat down he noticed Cody was looking straight at the camera and speaking to him now. Something about Cody was different from when he came in. He was speaking in a deep menacing voice and he sounded older."They said you can come in the room now. It is time to play a little game." The doctor froze in horror. He knew that the boy was experiencing something other than night terrors, so he went to call his parents. As he entered his office his phone was missing from his desk. As he tried to leave the room to find another phone he heard a voice outside the door. "They cannot help him. He is ours now as you shall be."

The next day when James and Sarah went to pick Cody up they noticed something was not right. As they stepped into the clinic it looked like someone had robbed the place. Things were strewn everywhere and they could not find Cody, the doctor, or any of the nurses. James took his cell phone out to call the police but as he did he noticed his phone had no signal. As he and his wife stood there in shock several voices emanated from one of the rooms. As they both slowly walked down the hallway they entered the room which the voices were coming from. They stepped into the room and the door slammed behind them. As they started to scream several voices cut them off, "We are glad you could make it, we have been waiting for you." They stood there helpless as they noticed that one of those in the room was their son, but something let them know that he no longer was.

Within the next hour, a patient was coming in for her appointment when she noticed it looked like the place had been robbed. She managed to get just enough signal to call the police. When the police arrived they began to look around and as they did they noticed a group of voices coming from one of the rooms. They began to walk down the hallway and as they stepped into the room the door slammed behind them.