Night # 41 Something Scary is Coming

This next chilling tale is about a small town of people who begin to receive strange messages and wonder if something scary is coming for them.

The town of Cherry Grove was nice and peaceful. The population was 300 and everyone knew each other. One day things began to change. It all started when the townspeople started having conversations about an anonymous letter they had each received in the mail. Each and every single resident thought at first that it was just them but in a town this small they quickly found out that everyone had received the same letter. The letter was short but made each resident nervous.

Dear Residents of Cherry Grove,

I hope you have enjoyed your lives so far because something bad is coming.

No one knew what to make of the letter and that night they all had a hard time sleeping. The next day the residents inquired with each other and decided to find out who sent the letters but upon asking the local postal service they could not say. That afternoon they all checked their mailboxes and once again there was an anonymous letter waiting for each of them. 

Dear Resident of Cherry Grove,

You have been warned and very soon you will be shaken to the core. P.S. Don't bother trying to figure out who I am soon I will show you and you will not like it.

The residents were no longer nervous they were downright scared. They knew it could have been a joke but for some strange reason, they all felt the letters were genuine. They had a town meeting trying to figure out what they could do. When someone suggested calling the local sheriff one of the men said he had already contacted the sheriff and it was a dead end unless they could figure out who sent the letters. The only thing they could come up with is taking turns watching over the town. 

That night a few of the residents agreed to stay awake and watch out for anything suspicious. As most of the town fell into a slumber the few that had chosen to stay awake watched intently but never saw anything unusual.

The next day once again they all received a letter more ominous than the first two and everyone was petrified.

Dear Residents of Cherry Grove,

This is your final warning. Something scary is coming tonight and you cannot stop it. You will find out who I am and trust me that is not a good thing. Enjoy today for tonight I come. P.S. Do not try to leave that will only make it worse for you. Wherever you go I will follow.

All day the residents panicked not knowing what to do. They thought the words enjoy today were quite the joke because all they could do was think about who or what was coming. As the sun started going down they were on pins and needles trying to figure out how to defend themselves not knowing who or what the enemy was. Suddenly a scream emerged from one of the residents. The other residents tried to ask her what was wrong but all she could do was point her finger toward the sky and cry. As the residents looked up there began to be total chaos. The moon was blood red and not a star could be seen. Off in the distance, there was a huge black mass and no one could tell what it actually was. As it got closer there were strange sounds coming from within it. The people started to run for their lives but the faster they moved the faster it moved. Quickly the mass was upon them all and what they saw come out of it did shake them to the core. When it spoke the ground shook as if an earthquake was occurring.

"I have been roaming the earth for some time looking for a nice quiet place to spread my destruction and I finally found it here in Cherry Grove. After tonight you will no longer know peace you will only know destruction." Before he walked back into the black mass he enveloped himself in he placed some of it upon each of the residents. After he left the town was turned upside down and from far away the beast made another mark on his tally sheet and spoke. "My work is almost complete. There is only one place left to conquer and I shall begin on it right now. He wrote the letters using his black mass to deliver them and no one would be able to catch him.