Night # 70 Venomous Words

This next chilling tale is about a young woman who takes a bus to see her mother and has a strange encounter with a stranger.

Whitney was on her way to see her mother for the first time in six months. She had moved to another state to find a better paying job and she finally had some free time to spend with her mother. She boarded the bus after work that evening. A couple of hours into the bus ride they made a stop and a man boarded the bus. Whitney smiled at him as he approached her seat but as he walked by her face became a look of shock. He quietly uttered the words, "You will die exactly like your mother." 

Part of her wanted to tell the driver to let her off of the bus but she knew she had to get to her mother so she tried to act like she did not hear him. He sat two seats back from her and as the bus took off she could hear him humming a strange tune. It made her very nervous. Something about the man was very ominous in itself. She tried to take a little nap but as she dozed off she could hear him muttering the words, "You will die exactly like your mother," over and over again. 

Finally, it was time for her to get off of the bus. Her sister was there at the bus stop waiting for her. When she got in the car her sister immediately knew something was wrong with her. She tried to explain what had happened and her sister told her he was probably just out of his mind. Whitney felt a little bit better after talking to her sister and by the time they got to her mother's house she had almost forgotten about the strange encounter.

She was walking up to the front door with her sister when the words reiterated in her head. Why would the stranger's words not leave her mind? She walked into the house and her sister went to check on their mother. Whitney heard her sister scream as she entered their mother's bedroom. When Whitney walked into the room she nearly fainted. There her mother was in bed covered in her own blood. Her sister said she had only left her alone for about thirty minutes to come pick her up and that the house was locked. Her sister tried to call the police but as she picked up the phone she heard something very ominous.

She went to hang the phone up when everything went dark in the house. Whitney along with her sister recognized the words coming from the top of the basement stairs. "You will die exactly like your mother." They both tried to run out of the house but the stranger was faster and more powerful than they ever could have imagined. "Where are you going ladies? I have venomous words to fulfill. When the police finally figured out something was wrong they went out to the house. They found all three of the women covered in blood in the mother's bed. Something was very strange about the case and they had to know what it was.

After several days of investigating they figured out what the connection was. The stranger was a man named Philip who had asked the mother out a few days prior to the killings. He left a journal which he had been writing in and every detail including the times of death was precise. The last words in the journal had detectives fearing what he would do next. "Another young lady turned me down. I will give her son the warning in exactly one week. I want to watch them enjoying life just so I can take it from them. Should I whisper the same venomous words as I have already used or shall I change it up a bit? You will find out in time, detectives. Trust me you will not stop me.