Night # 81 Gateway To The Mind

This next chilling tale is about a mother who gets a chilling letter from her son who says that he is running out of time.

Jerry's mom received a letter from her son one day. She had been worried sick about him because for the past month she had been unable to call him or see him. When she tried going to his house the neighbors told her that he just left with all of his belongings and they did not know why. She contacted the police, but they had been unable to track him down as well.

Teresa opened the letter and took a deep breath as she read the letter aloud.

       Dear Mom,

I do not know where to begin. I am so scared right now. I know they are looking for me. I took a chance just making sure this letter was sent to you. A month ago I was walking down a path near my home and it was just beginning to get dark. I noticed some noises coming from the woods nearby and went to check it out. I saw a group of maybe five people standing over a lifeless body holding hands. I do not know what they were saying, but even as quiet as I was being they heard me somehow. I ran as fast as I have ever run back to the house.

I do not know who they were, but I do know that something was terribly wrong with them. I have been cursed ever since encountering them. Not only do I have nightmares every single night about them, but I see them everywhere I go. Somehow they found a gateway to my mind and I feel their presence with me every day. I had to leave my house without even saying goodbye to you and for that I am sorry. I tried to find a way to contact you, but I have been receiving some very creepy phone calls so I had my phone shut off. Mom, whatever you do, do not try to find me. I know they are watching me closely and I do not want you to end up like me.

Even as I write this letter I am trying not to shake. My mind is filled with terror thinking about the five of them coming for me all at once. Oh no, I feel them coming to me in my mind. I have to go now. I must move on before I end up like   

Teresa's heart was broken. Jerry had not even been able to finish the letter. A great terror filled her mind as a question dawned upon her. "How did he mail the letter to me if he was not even able to finish it? Teresa froze as she started to see a vision of five figures in her mind. They were standing over her son's dead body somewhere unfamiliar to her, but she knew one thing for sure. They had already found a gateway to her mind and soon she would be terror filled just as her son had been before he was murdered.