Night # 195 New Job

This next chilling tale is about a new job that takes one creepy turn.

It was my first night as an orderly for a local nursing home. I knew it would be a little creepy at night but it was worse than I expected. I went to clean the hallway and I noticed someone standing outside one of the rooms. I walked a little closer and I swear it looked just like one of the patients who was bedridden.

I remembered him from when they introduced me to the residents. I closed my eyes knowing I must have been seeing things. When I opened my eyes he was gone but there was something left behind in the floor. I went to pick it up when a brutally cold draft coursed through my body as if I were in a freezer. This place was really starting to get to me.

I froze in fear as I realized I was picking up my own wallet off of the floor. I checked in my back pocket for it and sure enough, it was missing. I cleaned the floor quickly and went to the breakroom for something to drink. I sat down at a table and I see a wheelchair fly by the door. I jumped up to see where it was going and it was nowhere to be seen. 

I knew at this point that I had to quit. I would just have to make an excuse for quitting in the morning. This job was too scary for me. I left the building and was trying to get the keys out of my pocket to unlock my truck when a hand grabbed my shoulder. "You think you can leave us now. Let me show you what happened to the last one that tried to leave us." 

The doors to the nursing home burst open and all the residents came charging out as if nothing were wrong with them. They drug me into the building and down that long hallway where I had found my wallet. They took me into each and every single room to show me what happened to all those who had tried to leave.

"We have learned so much in our lifetimes. During the day we are weak and feeble as we should be but at night we get to show what we really are. We are evil in its purest form. It is time to see what we are really made of." The residents all began to laugh as they strapped me to a bed. They left me there screaming through the night and when morning came that is when I found out what terror awaited me. They threw me into a dark stone room. I felt my way around after they locked the door and what I felt made me shiver. I felt what I knew was human remains.