Night # 127 Thank You Card

This next chilling tale is about a young woman who receives an anonymous thank you card.

Elizabeth came home after working a twelve-hour shift as a nurse. She checked her mailbox and the only thing she had received appeared to be a card. She opened it up and there was a piece of paper inside the thank you card.

          Dear Elizabeth, 

Thank you for helping such a miserable soul as myself. I was a patient of yours a few weeks ago. Maybe this will help refresh your memory. I came in with a gunshot wound from that robbery in the convenience store. I know you thought I was just a poor teenage boy trying to get his life together but think again. I just wanted to thank you most of all for telling me where you lived.

Elizabeth's heart began to race as she searched for her cell phone to call the police. Where had she put it? "Are you looking for this?" The boy held her phone as he came out of her room. "Didn't your mother ever teach you not to talk to strangers? Let alone let them know where you live." She jumped up to run for the door but he smacked her in the face with it. As he was killing her his last words were, "Thank you, this has been fun indeed."