Night # 198 Quirky Deaths

This next chilling tale is about a series of deaths that hit a small town by surprise.

For the past week, our town has experienced one strange death after another. I have been having nightmares since it started. It has everyone afraid to go to sleep at night for fear of what might happen to them. The worst thing about it is knowing that I could be next.

The first day everything was as it usually was until the town got the shock of what happened to a local policeman. He went home that night after his shift and went to bed immediately. His wife woke up and discovered he was not in bed so she went to look for him. The neighbors heard her screams as she found her husband's body. He was floating in their pool face down. How had he gotten in the pool? No one had a clue.

The second death came less than 24 hours later. A young nurse was found in her car with a dart in her eye. By now everyone was starting to feel like something was terribly wrong. Within less than a week, six more residents came up dead in unusual ways. The first victim was found in a pile of leaves with sores all over him. The second victim was found half buried in a small dirt mound. The third victim was found with garden shears sticking out of his back. The fourth, fifth, and sixth victims were all found with several needles stuck into their bodies.

I had no clue what was going on but tonight I am more afraid than I have been the past week. I found something strange on my computer. I turned it on and it said I had a message. I looked at the message and I started to panic. The words, "bloody mess", were all that appeared. I had a really bad feeling about the message like it was an omen. I looked away from the computer to glance at my bedside alarm and gasped as I saw what was coming. The swords I had collected through the years were pointed straight at me and they were coming off of the walls and headed straight for me.