Night # 160 Fall Leaves

This next chilling tale is about a walk through the woods turning quite unpleasant.

I told my husband I was going to take a walk out on a trail in the woods near our home. He told me he would see me when I got back. I went to get some walking gear on and grabbed some water on the way out. I took my time enjoying the fall foliage on the trail. I was looking ahead when I noticed strange discoloration on the leaves in one area.

I slowly made my way up to the pile of leaves and discovered that blood was dripping down on them. I looked up even though I did not want to. My screams echoed through the woods when I saw my husband hanging upside down from a huge branch. His blood was coming down on the leaves and they were beginning to turn completely red.

I stood completely still and quiet as I tried to hear any sound the killer might make to give his location away but all I could hear was my own breathing. I could not stand it any longer. I took off running to my house. I entered the house ready to call the police when I noticed a trail leading through the house. It was a mixture of leaves and blood. I held my mouth shut as I walked slowly to the end of the trail.

There in my closet was a bloody knife along with a small box. Inside it was my husband's wedding ring. I quickly went to the jewelry box to look inside and I really started to panic as I noticed my ring was gone. I had taken it off to do some cleaning earlier that day. When I went to call the police I noticed a message on my phone. "I already have a nice spot picked out for you." I shook as I heard the window being opened. I wondered right before he attacked me where he was going to put my body and how long it would take someone to find it.