Night # 47 The Warning

This next chilling tale is about a man who receives a warning and wonders if it is too late.

Heather began her story. A young man named Billy went out to check on his horse late one evening before it stormed. As he walked up to the stall he noticed the horse was acting kind of strange. The horse was hesitant to come up to him as he approached the stall. He thought maybe it was the storms coming in and tried to soothe the horse. The horse finally came up to Billy but as he began to pet the horse it reared up and started to freak out. Billy had dealt with the horse many times before a storm and could not remember the horse ever acting so nervous. 

As Billy noticed the sound of thunder he began to desperately try to calm the horse down but as he did he spotted something in the stall that scared him. There was a hat he had never seen hanging up on a hook he used sometimes himself. As he pondered who could have been in the stall he saw lightning flash across the sky. He looked around for anything else that might be a clue and noticed some rain boots sitting by the door. He walked over to the boots and noticed that they were covered in blood. Billy knew something was wrong and took out his phone to contact the authorities but as he did the horse broke through the stall and ran out into the storm. 

A thought occurred to him suddenly. What if the person was still here? After all, the horse was really freaking out and for his horse to run out into a storm to avoid the intruder was pretty scary. He was worried about his horse greatly but he had to get to help before getting his horse back. When the authorities answered the call he began to speak but the call was cut off. He tried desperately to patch the call back through but he could not reach them. He ran for the house but tripped in the grass leaving him on the ground. As he tried to stand back up a man stepped out of the barn. He was holding a pitchfork and Billy could not make out who it was because they were covered from head to toe. As his heart raced he jumped up and ran into the house locking the door. He looked out the window to spot the man's whereabouts and as he did his phone rang.

He answered the phone and his heart sank."I have your horse outside with me. If you do not believe me look out your back window." Billy raced to the back window and his fear was confirmed. There the man stood with the horse right beside him. Billy spoke," You better leave my horse alone or I will kill you." Before the phone went dead the mysterious man responded. "I would like to see you try."

Thirty minutes later the authorities, after tracing the call that was cut off earlier, arrived at Billy's home. They walked into the house and there on the kitchen counter was a note. "You will find Billy out in the barn just as I left him, dead. One more thing, you will also find the others in there as well. Catch me if you can." 

Everyone around the campfire was silent. Heather knew she had scared them. Nathan after a momentary loss for words spoke up and said that he had a really scary story to share next.

To Be Continued...