Night # 33 Death at Midnight

This next chilling tale is about a death row inmate's execution and what came with it.

Jeffrey was set to be executed at precisely midnight. They got the electric chair set up and made sure everything was in order. My brother died by his hands and I was not going to miss the execution of his killer. I sat there in the visitor's room patiently awaiting the execution. Midnight came and they pulled the lever down. There were sighs of relief as he took his last breath. 

A minute after the execution all the power went out. While they tried to figure out what was going on one of the guards took out a flashlight. As the light began to shine around us a lady in the room began to scream." What's wrong" we all asked her. "He's gone", she screamed. Everyone in the room began to panic and I worked to calm them down. As the guards checked around the electric chair using their flashlights they noticed something frightening.Lying on the ground was a piece of paper folded up.

They unfolded the piece of paper and after reading it I saw them all turn pale as ghosts. I had to know what the paper said so I tapped on the glass window in the room to get their attention. When they came into the room with me they all looked at one another when I asked them what the paper said. One of the guards named David told me I did not want to know but I demanded that they tell me because the man who was just executed killed my brother. With hesitation in his voice, he told me what it said. "You might have killed Jeffrey but you will never destroy me.I am your worst nightmare." It was signed" The Devil" in what appeared to be someone's blood.

I could not believe what I was hearing. We all watched as Jeffrey was checked thoroughly before being put in the chair and there was no way he could have written the note. Not to mention there was nothing on the floor when he was executed. As we stood there in the darkness all the doors in the building began to slam and lock. People began to scream suddenly and try to escape but as they did all the working flashlights being held began to dim and go out quickly. A voice filled the facility and we knew who it was."I told you I am your worst nightmare and I will punish you for killing one of my own."