Night # 184 Childhood Terror

This next chilling tale is about a mother recalling an old childhood memory.

I was eight when I met him. He came up to my friends and me in my backyard wanting to play a game called Find Me If You Dare. We agreed to play it with him after he told us he had just moved in next door. He wanted to play it in the woods which made us girls all nervous but we agreed to play anyway.

We counted to one hundred and then set off to find him. For what seemed like hours we searched and searched but could not find him anywhere. We decided when the sun started going down that it was time to go home without him. When we arrived at my house I looked next door and there he was grinning at us like it was a big joke. The next day I went to my next door neighbor's house to see if he was there and they told me that they did not have any children. I asked them if they knew who he was and they said no. 

I was truly scared by this and never saw him again. I am now thirty years old sitting in my kitchen thinking about my daughter. I remember two weeks ago when she came into the house asking if she could go and play with her friends. I have not seen her since. Today I walked outside and terror hit me as I saw him standing by the woods smiling at me holding my daughter's hand. I tried to run after him but he disappeared into the woods before I could. Will I  ever see my daughter again and where did he take her? 

It has now been one month since my daughter disappeared and I fear what will happen to the residents of my town considering today I went for a walk and saw him once again only this time he was not holding my daughter's hand he was holding another little boy's hand. I know that his parents will never see him again and that he will not be the last child to disappear.

If you ever see your child come home with a strange young boy do not let them play with him. They will disappear and never come back.