Night # 180 The Markings

This next chilling tale is about strange markings and the dangers associated with them.

I was walking in the woods to see some wildlife when I noticed something in the distance. One of the trees had some kind of mark etched in the bark of the tree. I walked up to get a closer look and I am not going to lie, it creeped me out. It was a strange circle with red dots on it. I shuddered to think what the red markings were from.

I noticed as I looked around that the trees in the vicinity had the same circle on them. I tried to stay calm as I quietly made my way out of the woods. I got back to my house safely and locked my door. I looked the markings up on the internet and I was glad that I did not know what they were while I was in the woods. 

Apparently, years ago they were used as a sign for the number of sacrifices required by those within the circle. What was strange about the information is that it claimed to have no longer been in use. I looked outside noticing that while I had been busy reading the article it had gotten dark outside. I was getting a cold clammy feeling in the pit of my stomach thinking about what I had encountered. 

I tried to go to sleep that night but nightmares kept awakening me. I kept seeing myself running through the woods trying to escape a bloody fate. I could not stand the nightmares any longer so I got out of bed and watched some tv. I turned the tv on and could not believe my eyes. Every channel I turned it too showed me running through the woods bleeding profusely with a group of people covered from head to toe in robes chasing me. 

I turned the tv off quickly and called my girlfriend. I know she had to go to work but I was riddled with fear from what was happening to me. She said that she would come over as soon as she got dressed and we could talk about it. I waited for an hour wondering where she could be. She only lived thirty minutes away and I knew it would not take her that long to get ready. I tried calling her cell phone but it was just going straight to voicemail.

I looked outside and noticed her car was in my driveway. How had she driven up without me knowing? Her headlights were still on so I waited for her to shut them off and come inside. I waited for a few minutes wondering what was taking her so long. I started to get worried so I quickly walked to her car. When I looked inside she was nowhere to be found. 

A chill went down my spine as I heard the voices from behind the house. "She is with us now and soon you will be. Only one sacrifice left and our master will be pleased." I tried to run inside the house but the door shut in my face. "I don't think so. We will not fail."