Night # 14 The Diary Part 3

October 31st, 2016

I cannot believe what the voice is saying to me. They say that grief can do strange things to you and now I know what they mean. I am honestly considering doing what the voice tells me to because of how much I want to hear my wife's voice again. I get out of bed and get dressed when I hear not one voice but two. They are telling me how to get into the family's house next door and how I should kill each and every single one of them. I cannot believe the words that escape my lips. I ask them when they want me to do it. Soon I hear not two voices but now there are three voices and one of them is my wife. She tells me that she loves me and with each kill, I will be one step closer to seeing her again. They tell me that they want it done tonight and I prepare to make my move.

Later that night I quietly walk over to the neighbor's house. The voices tell me to sneak into a basement window that was left unlocked. As I sneak up the stairs into the house I notice it is dead silent in the house. I know that everyone is asleep so it is easy to retrieve a weapon from the kitchen. As I walk down the hall toward the parents' bedroom I notice one of the children coming out of the bathroom. For the first time in my life, I do not feel any guilt. I know what I have to do and I carry it out. After I clean up everything the voices tell me to take the weapon and discard it in the trashcan of my other next door neighbor's house. I go home afterward and as I lay down to go to sleep the voices tell me I did a good job. They tell me that soon the police will arrest my other next door neighbor for the murders and that soon I will see my wife. As I begin to fall asleep I realize that I can no longer tell how many different voices I am hearing but I do not care because soon I will see my wife and that is all that matters. 

To be continued...